Monday, June 24, 2013

Our "go-to" white.....

....also comes from B.C.. Quails' Gate winery, located in Kelowna, is our favorite winery. Just about everything they make is terrific. This was the wine that finally got me into wine (not including dessert wine), and it's still one of my favorites.


2012 Quails' Gate Gewurztraminer

We've been drinking this since 2010 and every vintage has been excellent. 2012 is no exception. I've already consumed a couple of these, and they are ready to drink, but they will also reward careful cellaring for another 2-3 years.

This retails for only $17 and is a fantastic value at that price. It is very drinkable on it's own, but also pairs well with pork or chicken. Their website also recommends pairing it with red coconut curry, if that is your type of thing. Neither my wife nor I can stand curry so I'll take their word for that.

Here is a link to all the specs.

http://quailsgate.com/wines/quails%e2%80%99-gate-gewurztraminer/

Tracey and I went on a tour last year where we had lunch at Quails' Gate, and then dinner at Gray Monk, both terrific restaurants. I highly recommend anyone try them out when you are up that way.

I'll have more details on those meals, and the wines that accompanied them, in future posts.

Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment