Thursday, July 25, 2013

A top notch BC Merlot

"If anyone orders Merlot, I'm leaving. I am NOT drinking any ****ing Merlot!!!!!!!" - Miles Raymond, Sideways

That comment reportedly set back sales of Merlot about 2% after the 2004 release of the film. It seems to me that Miles had obviously never tasted this one.


2007 Le Vieux Pin Merlot Reserve

This wine is bold and smooth with just the right amount of earthiness and fruit. The wine has aged very well to this point and is a treat to drink now, and would probably even enhance further with another year or two in the bottle. This is a very special Merlot.

This wine is sold out at my local VQA store and also seems to be sold out on their website so it may not be an easy one to find, but if you come across one, I highly recommend picking it up. Despite the somewhat hefty price tag, you won't regret it.

$74.99

Rating: 9/10

Le Vieux Pin website: http://www.levieuxpin.ca/the-winery/introduction/

No comments:

Post a Comment