Tuesday, July 2, 2013

when Pinot Noir is done right......

It looks a little bit like this:


Tonight I cracked open a 2010 Quails' Gate Pinot Noir, and it was pretty much the same as every other one I've had, terrific.

This is definitely our "go-to" red, and it doesn't really seem to matter the vintage, it's fabulous. Sure, like any good red, it ages well (and I have several in my cellar from 2006/07/08/09 that we'll be opening eventually), but I'm fine with opening up a newer one when I feel like a good red.

Here are the specs:

http://quailsgate.com/wines/quails-gate-pinot-noir/

Their "Stewart Family Reserve" Pinot Noir are ridiculously good, and we have several of them in the cellar as well....but their regular PN are so good it almost doesn't matter.

Retail on their regular Pinot is only $24.95, which is a complete steal for a wine of this quality.

Since my seafood hating wife is in Vegas right now, I paired this with the following:


Cedar planked salmon in lemon, garlic and dill, asparagus sautéed in butter and onion sugar, and coconut rice. Freaking amazing.

If you need a reliable Pinot Noir at a reasonable ticket, this is the one for you. If you have the patience to age it for 4-5 years, it will pay off.

And if you have the funds to get the Stewart Family Reserve Pinot Noir ($45), you won't regret it. Age it a few years and you will be in heaven.

Rating (regular Pinot Noir): 8/10
Rating (Reserve Pinot Noir): 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment