Saturday, October 12, 2013

French Malbec, my first one

From my late-September post "A pretty damn good wine buying day" comes this one, which we popped open tonight:

Domaine Marcilhac 2006 Tradition (80% Malbec, 20% Merlot), France $19.99


How to describe this one? One word sums it up: Yuck.

OK let's be fair, I'm not sure that this bottle is SUPPOSED to taste like that. I'd stop short of calling it vinegar, but there was a sour quality that leads me to believe that it has passed it's peak. It's only 7 years old, but perhaps it isn't meant to last that long.
I won't even bother giving it a rating, most of it went down the sink. It was worth a shot, for only $20, and I'm sure the other wines we bought that day will be much improved.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment